Welcome to Ask Laura!
During the 2015-16 school year MESD piloted the blog as a way for you our staff, students, partners, and parents to ask questions, and engage in meaningful conversation about agency topics. In the 2015-16 communication audit employees clearly voiced the popularity of the blog as a really good format for conversation on topics of agency-wide concern.
MESD is pleased to say that the blog is back! Previously the blog was titled "Ask Jim" in reference to then Chief Operating Officer Jim Rose who has subsequently taken a position with the Sherwood School District.
Going forward the blog will be moderated by Public Information Officer, Laura Conroy, who will coordinate responses to your questions by agency contributors.
Instructions for joining the conversation are just a couple of lines below on this page. Looking forward to a lively, productive, and positive conversation about topics important to MESD staff, students, partners and parents.
(If you are looking for specific questions submitted and answered prior to November 15, 2016, please visit the Ask Jim Archive.)
Joining the Conversation - Instructions
The blog entries are posted below, along with any comments and responses regarding the entry. To join the conversation follow these steps:
1. Please read the community guidelines (below).
2. Feel free to submit a comment by typing your comment into the dialogue box and "click" submit.
3. Your comment will be sent to the blog moderator to ensure that it complies with the community guidelines.
4. Comments that comply with the community guidelines will be posted at the same time as the response.
5. Topic headings are assigned to assist readers in quickly and easily finding content they seek
6. Comments may be submitted anonymously. To submit a comment anonymously, log out of the website, then navigate back to the blog page and submit your comment.
7. We strive to respond to comments within two business days but in some cases may take additional time to reflect and thoughtfully craft the response. Thanks!
This blog is a place to exchange information and have meaningful conversations about important topics in our MESD community. But to increase meaningful conversation, sometimes it’s necessary to reduce the not-so-meaningful bits. Please avoid these types of comments as they will not be posted:
If you have ideas on how to improve the conversation or blog format, please advise the blog moderator by submitting a comment.
We hope you’ll appreciate and stand by these guidelines. Our goal is to make the blog a place for both information and feedback. What you say matters. The more specific insights we hear from you, the better able we’ll be to provide the information or clarification you seek.