Migrant Education - Spanish
What We Do:
- Provide in-school academic assistance to students grades K-12
- Work with districts to determine which students and families are eligible for Migrant Program Services.
- Assist schools in meeting the educational needs of migrant students.
- Facilitate/interpret home/school communications.
- Assist families in obtaining accident injury insurance for eligible children.
- Enrolled students qualify for free breakfast and lunch.
- Help with dental and health emergencies.
- Conduct bilingual parental contacts, family visits, and phone contacts.
- Provide migrant summer school.
- Determine eligibility for migrant services.
- Assist parents with school registration.
- Provide interpretation at parent/teacher conferences.
- Provide a Migrant Education Preschool with Mt. Hood Community College Head Start.
Who Requests Services?
- Any school employee or parent may request services.
What is the Eligibility Process?
- A Migrant Home-School Consultant or Educational Assistant makes a home visit to verify the family's work situation. The Migrant Education staff member will complete a Certificate of Eligibility to establish the eligibility for migrant services.
How do I Request Services?
- By contacting an Education Assistant or Home-School Consultant for your area.